The long awaited Entity Framework Beta 2 and the accompanying Entity Framework Tools CTP have been released!
I gathered a list of common Open XML questions related to programmability:
- What are the Open XML File Formats and what can I do with them?
- Can you show me the internal structure of a Word 2007 document?
- What are WordprocessingML, SpreadsheetML, PresentationML, and DrawingML?
- Do you have a .NET API that I can use to generate documents programmatically (server-side)?
- What is the architecture of a server-side OBA document generation solution?
- How can I generate a document programmatically and have more control over document content?
- How do you add images to an Open XML document?
- How can I pull data from my data source and create a table in a document?
- How can I add styles and format to my document content?
- What about compatibility with previous versions of Office?
Office Business Applications + Open XML File Formats
I blogged to show you how to generate a document using a document template, content controls, and XML mapping. I also created a little video and article that shows how to bind custom xml to a document template. This approach is great when you are trying to replace placeholder data in document templates like an invoice or contract. However, your business needs may be different and you may want to have more control over document content and formatting. In that case a better approach would be to manipulate the WordProcessingML content stored in different document parts.
More from the Author…
At its core, Dapper allows users to create API?s called ?Dapps? by selecting data from Websites, RSS/XML feeds, Google Gadgets, and more. Each ?Dapp? is an XML which can be manipulated in any number of ways. The company released a tool to create Netvibes modules in late 2006.
Dapper?s Facebook AppMaker lets these Dapps be transformed into full-blown Facebook applications. This includes functionalities such as remote search and retrieval, remote login, and multi-page apps. A Facebook Developer account is a prerequisite to the AppMaker process itself.
New York City, East Coast
West Coast – San Francisco
So for me ASP.NET makes the most sense by far (almost 4x that of PHP). A surprise to me is on the West Coast, were it looks like ASP.NET is much smaller then else where. It seems that Ruby on Rails is very much in the incubator stage still, I guess I?m not turning on RoR anytime soon after all.
Excerpt from here
Customization that can be made to this project template in order to create different types of Windows Vista Media Center applications:
- Creating a Windows Media Center background application - http://blog.mediacentersandbox.com/CreatingABackgroundApplicationFromTheTemplate.aspx
- Adding the button from the Z sample application to a new project – http://blog.mediacentersandbox.com/AddingTheZSampleButtonToTheApplicationTemplate.aspx
I encourage you to check out these posts to see step by step instructions for these customizations that can be made to the standard Windows Vista Media Center SDK project template.
This article describes how to automatically generate Word 2007 documents using .Net 3.0
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) and Windows CardSpace Samples for Orcas Beta 2 Download
Facebook is growing at an incredible pace (Already 30 million user register and doubling every 6 months). The new Facebook platform is an incredible software platform and can easily be extended using the provided SDK. The following code project article is an introduction into creating a very simple MSN Messenger or Yahoo! Messenger type application for Facebook.
In this first article I will provide an overview of how to setup your facebook application and to write a very basic WPF application that connects to Facebook and populate your friends list.
Setting up Facebook
- Click on “Getting started”
- Add Facebook Developer Application
- Log into Facebook
- Add Developer Application
- Set up new application
- Application Name: WPFB (Here you can choose any name as long as it doesn’t contain the words Face
- Click checkbox to agree with License Agreement and also expand the optional Fields
- Change application type to Desktop (This is very important!)
Keep the API Key & Secret provided for use later
Read More from here…