Web Deployment Projects (WDP) for Visual Studio 2008 – December 2007 CTP Released
Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects is an add-in to Visual Studio 2008 which provides developers with advanced compilation and deployment options… A Web Deployment project is extensible, enabling web developers to create pre-build and post-build actions…
You can download this RTW version from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C459&displaylang=en
A Web Deployment project provides the following features for building and deploying ASP.NET 2.0 Web sites:
- ASP.NET 2.0 precompilation as part of the build process.
- More flexible options for generating compiled assemblies from a Web project, including these alternatives:
- A single assembly for the entire Web site.
- One assembly per content folder.
- A single assembly for all UI components.
- An assembly for each compiled file in the Web site.
- Assembly signing options.
- The ability to define custom pre-build and post-build actions.
- The ability to exclude folders from the build.
- The ability to modify settings in the Web.config file, such as the <connectionString> element, based on the Visual Studio build configuration.
- Support for creating .msi files with setup projects.
A tutorial on Web Deployment Projects can be found at Scottgu’s blog
No comments yet.