MVVM Pattern for Silverlight
- Nikhil Kothari’s ViewModel Pattern in Silverlight using Behaviors This is a very good example. Also check out ViewModel Pattern extended with the Dynamic Language Runtime. Nikhil has a Silverlight.FX framework which you should try it out.
- Jonas Follesoe’s Blog This author has several blog entries and samples showing MVVM.
- Building business applications with Silverlight 2 Manish Dalal has a fairly complete sample using MVVM pattern.
- Combining different Separated Presentation Patterns
- WPF & Silverlight Line of Business UI Design Pattern Home Page
- Developing a Casual Game with Silverlight 2 This example shows a classic MVC behavior. View is responsible to create the controller. Actions from view is deligated to the controller. Model notify view on changes and view is responsible for updating itself.
- Implementing the MVP Pattern in Silverlight This example implments Passive View. The View is completely encapsulated with an interface. It is quite testable. However, even a very simple example like this one has lots of code.
- MVC# This one is similar to the previous example. It has a mini dependency injection container called TasksManager to group options together.
So when evaluating a pattern, it is really important to at details such as:
- How are view and controller conntected?
- How an user action from the view is sent to controller?
- Who is responsible for updating the view?
No comments yet.