WCF RIA Services Essentials at codeplex
The RIA Services Essentials project contains sample applications/extensions demonstrating using and extending WCF RIA Services v1.
- Book Club – It was written to demonstrate some aspects of writing a semi-real-worldish application (note that it is still very much a demo app), but more importantly, demonstrating how you can use RIA Services effectively by going beyond the basics.
Here is a list of what the application demonstrates:
- Entity framework data model with one-to-many and many-to-many relationships as well as use of stored procedures
- Local data model augmented/mixed with a web service-based data model (in this case Amazon).
- CRUD and more (queries, insert, update, delete, as well as named update methods, and invoke methods)
- Use of convention and configuration for identifying CRUD operations
- Validation (field level, entity level, operation level, change-set scoped, server-only validation, async validation)
- Custom authentication (i.e. using your DAL/user table, rather than asp.net membership)
- Authorization (including custom authorization rules)
- Using authentication service and your User object in server code
- Usage of DomainServiceFactory
- Exposing reference data
- Presentation model for defining custom (non-DAL) types for use between client and server
- Shared code between client and server for validation rules
- Query limits, and caching
- Using RIA Services with MVVM on the client
- Adding computed properties on Entities on the client along with propagation of change notifications
- "More" style paging (as seen for example on twitter.com)
- Display of pending changes, validation errors
- Reference data used to fill lookup dropdown lists.
No comments yet.