Developer’s Guide to Microsoft Prism 4.0
The documentation for Prism 4 has been completely rewritten and includes the architectural overview, design, and technical concepts for composite applications, applied patterns, two chapters covering Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM), application navigation, Stock Trader Reference Implementation (Stock Trader RI) and MVVM Reference Implementation (MVVM RI) overview, QuickStart overviews, and deployment topics. Much of this guidance is applicable even if you are not using the Prism Library, but you want to know best practices for creating composite applications
The guide contains the following topics:
- What’s New in Prism 4.0
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Initializing Prism Applications
- Chapter 3: Managing Dependencies Between Components
- Chapter 4: Modular Application Development
- Chapter 5: Implementing the MVVM Pattern
- Chapter 6: Advanced MVVM Scenarios
- Chapter 7: Composing the User Interface
- Chapter 8: Navigation
- Chapter 9: Communicating Between Loosely Coupled Components
- Chapter 10: Sharing Code Between Silverlight and WPF
- Chapter 11: Deploying Prism Applications
- Patterns in the Prism Library – an overview on common patterns used in “Composite Application” & Prisim Library.
- Prism Library – the organization of the Prism Library into 4 different assemblies. (WP7 has only 2 assemblies)
- Extending Prism e.g. custom logging.
- Reference Implementations
- Appendix H: Prism Hands-On Labs
Class Library References:
No comments yet.