Yes, that’s right… we now have a component that is a big step toward addressing the request for an MVVM-Friendly DomainDataSource. As of this posting, that feature was the #2 requested item on the RIA Services wish list, and we’ve been pondering its design for a long time. Kyle McClellan has delivered on this and he is posting details to his blog. This feature is completely separate from the DomainDataSource, and it’s built from the ground up with ViewModel usage in mind.
Here are some specific links from Kyle’s blog:
- Collection Binding Options in WCF RIA Services SP1
- Introducing An MVVM-Friendly DomainDataSource: The DomainCollectionView
Here are the links you need to get up and running:
- Install WCF RIA Services SP1 for Silverlight 4
- Install WCF RIA Services SP1 for Silverlight 4 and Visual Studio 2010
- Install the WCF RIA Services December 2010 Toolkit for WCF RIA Services SP1