Introduction to the AWS SDK for .NET
The AWS .NET SDK is a single, downloadable package that includes Visual Studio project templates, the AWS .NET library, C# code samples, and documentation. The AWS .NET SDK makes it easier for Windows developers to build .NET applications that tap into the cost-effective, scalable, and reliable AWS infrastructure services such as Amazon S3, EC2, and SimpleDB.
The AWS .NET SDK features:
- AWS .NET Library – Build .NET applications on top of APIs that take the complexity out of coding directly against web services interfaces. The all-in-one library provides .NET developer-friendly APIs that hide much of the lower-level plumbing associated with programming for the AWS cloud, including authentication, request retries, and error handling.
- Code Samples – Practical examples in C# for how to use the libraries to build applications.
- Documentation – Learn more about how to use the libraries and code samples with online video tutorials and reference documentation.
- Visual Studio Support – Get started quickly with building solutions for the AWS cloud using Visual Studio Project Templates.
- Discussion Forums
The AWS SDK for .NET supports the AWS infrastructure products, including:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS)
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Amazon CloudWatch
- Elastic Load Balancing
- Auto Scaling
- Stock Quote Example Using Amazon SQS for Scale
This article shows how to build a C# application on Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) that can be used to build a highly reliable, highly scalable application.
- Deploying ASP.NET Applications on Amazon EC2
Deploy ASP.NET applications to Amazon EC2 like a typical remote server. This tutorial shows you how.
- Windows on Amazon EC2 Security Guide
This document explains what you can expect from your Windows instances on Amazon EC2.