Gallery Server Pro – An ASP.NET gallery for sharing photos, video, audio and other media – The Code Project – ASP.NET
Gallery Server Pro is a powerful and easy-to-use ASP.NET web application that lets you share and manage photos, video, audio, and other files over the web.
- Stable, production ready.
- Use any web browser to organize your media files into albums you can easily add, edit, delete, rotate, rearrange, copy and move.
- Easily add thousands of files using one-click synchronize and ZIP file upload functions. Thumbnail and compressed versions are automatically created.
- Powerful user security with flexible, per-album granularity.
- Integrates with DotNetNuke and other frameworks to provide a superior media gallery.
- Image metadata extraction. Supports these formats: EXIF, XMP, tEXt, IFD, and IPTC.
- Search function queries title, caption, filename, and image metadata.
- Image watermarking with your own text and/or image.
- AJAX-enabled for more responsive UI.
- Web-based installer makes installation painless.
- Uses SQL Server 2000 or higher as the data store. Supports MSDE 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express.
- Uses ASP.NET Membership provider so you can integrate with your existing accounts, including Active Directory.
- Data access uses the ASP.NET Provider model, which allows other data stores such as MySQL, MS Access, or Oracle to be used instead of SQL Server.
- 100% managed code written in C# and ASP.NET 2.0.
- Source code is released under the open source GNU General Public License.
- All web pages target XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS 2.1 standards to ensure maximum forward compatibility.
You can play with an online demo of Gallery Server Pro to get a sense of its capabilities. A pre-compiled version is available at www.galleryserverpro.com as well as additional documentation and a support forum.
Usability on websites is exploding right now. AJAX has enabled web developers everywhere to add functionality to their sites like never before. I’ve gathered 43 extremely useful (but still easy to implement) AJAX applications for use on any website. Keep your users coming back and increase your website’s functionality.
- General Purpose
- Status Indicators
- Text Editing
- Tabbed Content
- Galleries And Images
- Chat Boxes
ASP.NET AJAX included in .NET 3.5
Starting with the .NET Framework 3.5 release, all of these features are built-in with ASP.NET, which means you no longer have to download and install a separate ASP.NET AJAX setup when building or deploying applications.
When you create a new ASP.NET application or web-site in VS 2008 that targets the .NET 3.5 framework, VS will automatically add the appropriate AJAX registrations in your web.config file and the core ASP.NET AJAX server controls will show up in your toolbox.
ASP.NET AJAX Articles
ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit Articles
ASP.NET AJAX in VS 2008 and .NET 3.5 Articles
ASP.NET AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit Videos
In this video series Joe Stagner and others from the Microsoft product team demonstrate how to use ASP.NET AJAX.
ASP.NET AJAX Booksdel.icio.us Tags: Ajax