Facebook is growing at an incredible pace (Already 30 million user register and doubling every 6 months). The new Facebook platform is an incredible software platform and can easily be extended using the provided SDK. The following code project article is an introduction into creating a very simple MSN Messenger or Yahoo! Messenger type application for Facebook.
In this first article I will provide an overview of how to setup your facebook application and to write a very basic WPF application that connects to Facebook and populate your friends list.
Setting up Facebook
- Click on “Getting started”
- Add Facebook Developer Application
- Log into Facebook
- Add Developer Application
- Set up new application
- Application Name: WPFB (Here you can choose any name as long as it doesn’t contain the words Face
- Click checkbox to agree with License Agreement and also expand the optional Fields
- Change application type to Desktop (This is very important!)
Keep the API Key & Secret provided for use later
Read More from here…