- – Use the inplaceInstallPrompt:true parameter in CreateSilverlight.js to present the Silverlight installer directly from the current home page rather than redirecting the end-user to the Silverlight site for the installer.
- – Use the <div> tag into which Silverlight content is presented to create pre-install content (e.g. a static image that provides a glimpse of the final site experience when the user installs Silverlight) and present the Silverlight installer button as an overlay over that image;
- – Use the Silverlight.ua.Browser property to provide guidance to the user (for example, warning them that they
- may not be able to install Silverlight if they are using Netscape 4.0 as their browser).
- – Use a timeout delegate to see if the installation is complete, and, if so, refresh the browser automatically so the end-user doesn’t have to manually hit F5 to reload the content.
A msi that provides further guidance around installation in the form of a whitepaper and sample code.