Video.Show is an end-to-end solution that provides a reference-quality sample for user-generated video content sites. Taking advantage of all of our latest technologies: .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET AJAX, LINQ, Silverlight, Expression Encoder and Silverlight Streaming, Video.Show provides support for uploading, encoding, tagging, viewing and commenting on videos. Here’s a short feature list:
- Video wall for browsing videos. Hover the mouse over any individual video to see an instant thumbnail preview.
- Time marker-based comment system. Pause the video at an interesting moment and add your comment, and it will appear as that frame is displayed on playback.
- Site membership using ASP.NET. Sign in and create a custom profile; favorite, tag and upload videos.
- First-time experience for a user without Silverlight installed demonstrates best practices for detection and installation.
- Web services for retrieving video catalogs, tagging and favorites.
- Background batch processing task that handles the encoding of videos using Expression Encoder and uploads to Silverlight Streaming.
Also take a look at Family.Show