Parallel Extensions to the .NET Framework technology, available for download on MSDN. This release contains new APIs to make programming on the .NET Framework simpler as well as supporting documentation and samples.
Parallel Extensions runs on .NET FX 3.5, and relies on features available in C# 3.0 and VB 9.0 and includes:
- Imperative data and task parallelism APIs, including parallel for and foreach loops, to make the transition from sequential to parallel programs simpler.
- Declarative data parallelism in the form of a data parallel implementation of LINQ-to-Objects. This allows you to run LINQ queries on multiple processors.
- First class tasks that can be used to schedule, wait on, and cancel parallel work.
- New concurrency runtime used across the library to enable lightweight tasks and effectively map and balance the concurrency expressed in code to available concurrent resources on the execution platform.
- Several great examples of how to use parallelism in real world problems to obtain impressive speedups, including a raytracer, Sudoku puzzle generator, and other simple puzzle solvers and smaller samples.
- Parallel Computing Developer Center
- Parallel Extensions to the .NET Framework CTP download
- Announcement on Soma’s Weblog