A stand-alone comment spam filtering library. Includes Akismet, Invisible Captcha, and Visible Captcha. The Akismet library included is based on code in use by Subtext and DasBlog.
For the current version (1.0) we’ve included following tools in Subkismet core library:
- Akismet service client: Akismet is an online web service that helps to block spam. This service client implementation for .NET is done by Phil and lets you send your comments to the service to check them against a huge database of spammers.
- Invisible CAPTCHA control: A clever CAPTHCA control that hides from real human but appears to spammers. This control is done by Phil and you can read more about it here.
- CAPTCHA control: An excellent implementation of traditional image CAPTCHA control for ASP.NET applications.
- Honeypot CAPTCHA: Another clever CAPTCHA control that hides form fields from spam bots to stop them. This control is done by Phil and you can read more about it here.
- Trackback HTTP Module: An ASP.NET Http Module that blocks trackback spam. This module is done by Mads Kristensen and he has explained his method in a blog post and this Word document.
- Google Safe Browsing API service client: This is done by me and you saw its Beta 2 version last week. Google Safe Browsing helps you check URLs to see if they’re phishing or malware links.
Akismet service client, Invisible CAPTCHA and normal CAPTCHA were a part of 0.2.2 Beta release but other parts are new in Subkismet 1.0.