Update: You no longer need that if you use the MySQL Connector/Net 5.2 or later.
- Download the source code for the MySQL Connector/Net from www.mysql.com.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a local directory.
- Open mysql.csproj project file in Visual Studio.
- Open the AssemblyInfo.cs file, and add the following code, in the using block, at the top of the file (if it is not already there):using System.Security;
- Add the following code to the assembly section of the file:[assembly: AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers]
- Recompile the dll.
You may now reference this dll from other projects. When you decide to publish your project to your hosting server, you need to upload this modified version of the dll to your bin directory.