- Visual Studio Project Templates
- REST Singleton Service produces a service that exposes the full HTTP interface (GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE) around a singleton resource, and it automatically provides both XML and JSON representations for the underlying resource.
- REST Collection Service similar to the REST Singleton Service only it also provides support for managing a collection of SampleItem resources.
- HTTP Plain XML Service provides ONLY the GET and POST operations for those who don’t care about fully conforming to the RESTful design and would rather build a REST/RPC hybrid service by overloading GET and POST using the HTTP Headers.
- Atom Feed Service template provides a sample implementation that shows how to programmatically generate and return a SyndicationFeed instance.
- Atom Publishing Protocol Service template produces a full-fledged AtomPub service capable of managing collections of resources as well as media entries.
- WebProtocolException allows you to directly set your HTTP status code.
- WebServiceHost2/WebServiceHost2Factory which provides a zero-config experience. Provide support for Help Page.
- Help Page and using [WebHelp] for annotation. Simply navigate to /help
- Added Extension methods to the WebOperationContext class.
You can download the WCF REST Starter Kit here.
For samples of using the starter kit, look at this A Developer Guide to the WCF REST Starter Kit.