First, we have an excellent new release of jQuery ready for you to enjoy. The big features of this release are:
- Sizzle: A sizzlin’ hot CSS selector engine.
- Live Events: Event delegation with a jQuery twist.
- jQuery Event Overhaul: Completely rewired to simplify event handling.
- HTML Injection Rewrite: Lightning-fast HTML appending.
- Offset Rewrite: Super-quick position calculation.
- No More Browser Sniffing: Using feature detection to help jQuery last for many more years to come.
New API Browser
The new API browser includes the following features:
- All the latest jQuery and jQuery UI documentation.
- The ability to mark pages as favorites for those pages you keep wanting to return to.
- Syntax highlighting in the code examples
- Live running of examples within the browser
- Links to edit and experiment with the code examples
Most importantly though, the API browser is also available offline as an Adobe AIR application (thanks to Tane Piper’s AIR framework). The interface looks and works the same, and includes an auto-update mechanism, so you’ll always be up to date.