Business Application Template will give you an ASP.NET project, there with a Services folder and three new files: AuthenticationService, UserInformation, UserRegistrationService. These are all services to expose authentication and membership integration. Running the template by default will give you a new “login” link in the upper right and clicking on that implements a new ChildWindow for login:
Notice the "Register now” link which then uses another ChildWindow control for registration:
Registering a new user uses the UserRegistrationService to add a new user to the system. If you look at the UserRegistrationService you’ll see that it uses the ASP.NET Membership APIs.
More @ … .NET RIA Services Update with new Silverlight project template
Windows 7 Windows® API Code Pack for Microsoft® .NET Framework is making it easier for .NET developers to take advantage of new features in Windows 7.
The features included in this version (v0.85) of the library are:
- Support for Windows Shell namespace objects, including the new Windows 7 libraries, Known Folders and non file system containers.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 Task Dialogs.
- Windows 7 Explorer Browser Control supporting both WPF and Windows Forms.
- Support for Shell property system.
- Helpers for Windows 7 Taskbar Jumplists, Icon Overlay and Progress bar.
- Support for Windows Vista and Windows 7 common file dialogs, including custom file dialog controls.
- Support for Direct3D 11.0 and DXGI 1.0/1.1 APIs.
- Sensor Platform APIs
- Extended Linguistic Services APIs
Part 1 demonstrates the Sensor and Location Library
Part 2 demonstrates the Taskbar and Libraries Library
Part 3 demonstrates the Multi-touch Gestures Library
Via Multi-touch .NET Library for Windows 7 | The Continuum Show | Channel 9
Videos: PDC from 2008
PDC Content on Windows 7 including;
Videos: Channel 9
Channel 9 Content on Windows 7 including (my highlights);
- Silverlight Pixel Shader
- Cross-domain policy file / Cross-domain policy code snippet
Via Silverlight Visual Studio helper files
May Preview of the Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Training Kit
Download details: Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Training Kit