The individual features supported in this version (v1.0) of the library are:
- Windows 7 Taskbar Jump Lists, Icon Overlay, Progress Bar, Tabbed Thumbnails, and Thumbnail Toolbars.
- Windows 7 Libraries, Known Folders, non-file system containers.
- Windows Shell Search API support, a hierarchy of Shell Namespace entities, and Drag and Drop functionality for Shell Objects.
- Explorer Browser Control.
- Shell property system.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 Common File Dialogs, including custom controls.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 Task Dialogs.
- Direct3D 11.0, Direct3D 10.1/10.0, DXGI 1.0/1.1, Direct2D 1.0, DirectWrite, Windows Imaging Component (WIC) APIs. (DirectWrite and WIC have partial support)
- Sensor Platform APIs
- Extended Linguistic Services APIs
- Power Management APIs
- Application Restart and Recovery APIs
- Network List Manager APIs
- Command Link control and System defined Shell icons.
The Code Pack also contains sample applications built using this library. Each sample has a C# version and a VB.NET version and has its own solution file.
The Code Pack also includes API reference documentation. API documentation files can be found in two separate files WindowsAPICodePackHelp and DirectXCodePackHelp in the download section.
Two minute videos demonstrating some of the features in this release are now available:
- Part 1 demonstrates the Sensor and Location Library
- Part 2 demonstrates the Taskbar and Libraries Library
- Part 3 demonstrates the Multi-touch Gestures Library