Here’s an outline of what Deployment Related topics Scott covered
- Web Packaging – Offline vs. Online
- From VS 2010
- From IIS Manager
- Web.Config Transformation
- Transform Syntax
- Locator Syntax
- Why not XSLT?
- Command Line
- What If Switch
- From IIS
- Content Sync
- DB Deployment
- Scripting Source DB
- Adding custom SQL Scripts
- Download and Deployment of Open Source
- Web PI
- App Gallery
- One Click Publish
- Using Web Deploy (Ms Deploy) WMSVC
- Using Web Deploy (Ms Deploy) Remote Agent
- Using InProc Web Deploy (Ms Deploy)
Here’s some cool highlights about WebDeployment in Visual Studio 2010. You can right-click on your web.config and click "Add Config Transforms."
When you do this, you’ll get a web.debug.config and a web.release.config. You can make a web.whatever.config if you like, as long as the name lines up with a configuration profile. These files are just the changes you want made, not a complete copy of your web.config.