- Final app – http://amazedsaint.net/nerddinner
- Source Code – http://amazedsaint.net/nerddinner/silverlightnerddinner.zip
In summary, this is what we’ll be doing now.
- Creating a Silverlight project
- See how to consume oData in Silverlight
- Use NerdDinner oData endpoint to pull Dinners and RSVPs from our Silverlight client
- Show them in a Bing map using Bing’s Silverlight Map SDK by geo-coding the addresses
- Enable our Silverlight application to run Out of Browser
We’ll be using the following technology stack. All these downloads are free for you.
- Visual Studio 2010 RC
- Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010.
- Silverlight Toolkit March 2010 Release (coming soon)
- Bing Maps Silverlight Control SDK
- oData end point (http://nerddinner.com/Services/OData.svc/) from Scott’s Nerd Dinner website
- You should get a Bing Map API Key to use in your application from Bing Map account center