A DragDropTarget is a Content Control that adds default drag and drop actions to the control nested inside of it. DragDropTarget’s provide the following functionality:
1. Initiates a drag operation when an item container is dragged.
2. Displays a snapshot of the the item container by the mouse while it is being dragged.
3. Handles drag target events and specifies which drag operations are possible by examining the item source bound to the nested control.
4. If an item is dropped onto the drag drop target, it is added to the nested control if the nested control is bound to an ObservableCollection (or any collection that implements INotifyCollectionChanged and contains the same type of items as the item that was dropped).
5. Where possible, scrolls vertically and horizontally when an item is dragged near the edge of the control.
This release of the toolkit introduces the following implementations:
Via Part 1