Windows Phone 7 Developer Tools
You can download them here.
The following is installed with the download:
- Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone – Free edition of VS 2010 for Phone development.
- Express Blend 4 for Windows Phone – Free version of Blend for Windows Phone 7 Development.
- Silverlight for Windows Phone 7 – Rich framework for building great applications for Windows Phone 7.
- XNA Game Studio for Windows Phone 7 – Rich framework that enables you to build great 2D and 3D games for Windows Phone 7.
- Windows Phone Emulator – A hardware accelerated emulator that allows you to run and debug your applications and games without requiring a phone.
- Phone Registration Tool – When you get a device, this allows you to “unlock” the device so you can run/debug your application on it, using your Marketplace account.
This release adds support for new Panormana and Pivot controls and associated project templates that you can use to create applications.
Windows Phone 7 Toolkit
You can download here.
It includes the following additional Silverlight controls and components that are customized for the Windows Phone 7 experience:
- GestureService – adds events for Tap, DoubleTap, Hold, Drag (DragStarted, DragDelta, DragCompleted), Flick and Pinch
You can learn more about using some of the cool controls in the Toolkit from:
- David Anson’s Blog Post
- John Papa’s Blog Post
- Tim Heuer’s Blog Post
- Nice Channel9 Video here