The article will show you the steps to surface charting data visualizations using the Silverlight Control Toolkit on the Windows Phone 7.
Steps to Get Silverlight Control Toolkit Data Visualizations to Work in Windows Phone 7
- Download the November 2009 Silverlight 3 Control Toolkit (http://silverlight.codeplex.com/releases/view/36060#DownloadId=93512)
- The April 2010 Silverlight Control Toolkit dropped support for Silverlight 3. The November 2009 release is the latest stable release for Silverlight 3.
- Create a new Windows Phone 7 project
- Add a reference to the System.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit.dll
- Ensure the DLL comes from the Silverlight 3 toolkit (November 2009) NOT the Silverlight 4 toolkit
- The default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v3.0\Toolkit\Nov09\Bin\System.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit.dll
- Add a reference to the System.Windows.Controls.dll
- Ensure the DLL comes from the Silverlight 3 client SDK
- The default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v3.0\Libraries\Client\System.Windows.Control.dll
- Drag over chart and series from Asset library; start using the chart data visualizations normally
- I have tested pie, line and bar charts and all seem to work nicely
Read more here