The documentation for Prism 4 has been completely rewritten and includes the architectural overview, design, and technical concepts for composite applications, applied patterns, two chapters covering Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM), application navigation, Stock Trader Reference Implementation (Stock Trader RI) and MVVM Reference Implementation (MVVM RI) overview, QuickStart overviews, and deployment topics. Much of this guidance is applicable even if you are not using the Prism Library, but you want to know best practices for creating composite applications
The guide contains the following topics:
- What’s New in Prism 4.0
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Initializing Prism Applications
- Chapter 3: Managing Dependencies Between Components
- Chapter 4: Modular Application Development
- Chapter 5: Implementing the MVVM Pattern
- Chapter 6: Advanced MVVM Scenarios
- Chapter 7: Composing the User Interface
- Chapter 8: Navigation
- Chapter 9: Communicating Between Loosely Coupled Components
- Chapter 10: Sharing Code Between Silverlight and WPF
- Chapter 11: Deploying Prism Applications
- Patterns in the Prism Library – an overview on common patterns used in “Composite Application” & Prisim Library.
- Prism Library – the organization of the Prism Library into 4 different assemblies. (WP7 has only 2 assemblies)
- Extending Prism e.g. custom logging.
- Reference Implementations
- Appendix H: Prism Hands-On Labs
Class Library References:
Here is a Expression Blend project for sharing XAML based resources for creating consistent Windows Phone 7 user experiences. The templates are based on the UI Design and Interaction Guide for Windows Phone 7 and Design Templates for Windows Phone 7 (a collection of 28 layered Photoshop template .pdf files and the Segoe WP font family for use in application layouts and UI development). With these templates you can easily create common Windows Phone UI layouts by simply copying and pasting the desired page. The Blend team has taken care of the margins, styling, and custom controls that may not be available in the platform.
With Expression Blend, open the project and the WP7 Design Templates.xaml and MainPage.xaml pages should be opened by default. The WP7 Design Templates.xaml page displays all of the available templates in one page. By running the project (F5), you can browse through all of the available templates via the Windows Phone 7 Emulator.
You can download the templates here … http://wp7designtemplates.codeplex.com/
This guide steps you through the process of creating icons for your Windows Phone 7 application as well as for the Marketplace Hub and Marketplace catalog.
Read more here
A collection of 21 FAQs/tutorials tips on CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) basic. Clear answers are provided with tutorial exercises on CSS syntax basics, contextual, class, and id selectors, CSS cascading order rules, grouping CSS definitions, browswer default CSS definitions Topics included in this collection are:
- What Is CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)?
- What Is the Basic Unit of CSS?
- How Many Ways to Attach CSS to HTML Documents?
- How To Include CSS Inside a HTML Tag?
- How To Include CSS Inside the HEAD Tag?
- How To Store CSS Definitions in External Files?
- How Many Ways to Select HTML Tag Instances?
- What Is a Class Selector?
- What Is a ID Selector?
- What Is a Contextual Selector?
- What Is a Group Selector?
- What Is a Mixed Selector?
- What Are the Pseudo Classes on <A> Tags?
- How To Group CSS Definitions Together?
- What Is Style Property Inheritance?
- What Is CSS Cascading?
- What Are the CSS Cascading Order Rules?
- How To Remove the Top White Space of Your Web Page?
- How To Set Different Text Fonts Inside Tables?
- How To Use Class Selectors to Differentiate Tag Instances?
- How To Use IDs to Override Classes?
Silk web icon set, with 1000 16×16 icons , including report icons, some new picture icons, some small XHTML/CSS buttons, and some hardware drive icons. The feed icons have been brought into line with new standard, and all icons have been compressed to lower the filesize. For the sake of my inbox and my sanity, I’m now calling this set complete.